Currently browsing category

community

LibreOffice – the Cloud edition

The announcement that was made jointly a week ago by Collabora and IceWarp as well as the one on the same topic shared by the Document Foundation is deeply important, both for the LibreOffice project and digital freedom in general. The short story goes like this: Key developers of the …

Life-support, Community and Thunderbird

This blog post will be somewhat peculiar. It could well be a rant, based on informations I perceive and a few facts as well; and it may ruffle some feathers too (standard terms apply; this post reflects my personal thoughts and not the ones of the Document Foundation, nor my …

Badges for LibreOffice

The LibreOffice project relies almost entirely on volunteers to work, from running our infrastructure to developing our software suite. It is faire to say we take -or try to take – our community very seriously. If I needed any more proof of this, the first months as a member of …

Some Linux distributions never change

In early February I had mentioned in passing that I had installed Fedora 21 on a new laptop. As it happens, I uninstalled Fedora from the same laptop this week, grabbed the latest iso of Arch Linux from the 1st of February, ran it, installed it. Setting Arch Linux scares …

LibreOffice 4.4 the beautiful

We are very close to release LibreOffice 4.4 and I thought I’d share my thoughts on the work that has been put into this new branch and what the general idea is about it. LibreOffice 4.4 is unusual; as a major release you may expect some important underlying change in …

The Document Foundation: a personal outlook for 2015

2015 has started and I realized that in between the New Year and last week’s tragedy, I hadn’t had the time to discuss what’s on the table for the Document Foundation in 2015. This is purely a personal opinion and does not represent any sort of official statement by the …

Je Suis Charlie

Go to the website of the newspaper here.

Supporting LibreOffice users everywhere

Helping people using LibreOffice is possible through several channels. Today, this page on the LibreOffice’s website points to several existing options: searching the available documentation searching the help module that is embedded inside LibreOffice checking the archives or asking a question on one of the mailing lists of LibreOffice dedicated …

The Document Foundation sets precedents & paves new opportunities for Free Software

These past weeks have marked a significant twist in the way the Document Foundation is supporting the LibreOffice project and in general, the Free and Open Source Software world. Three distinct pieces of news should indeed be put together in order to shed light on the way the Document Foundation …

%d bloggers like this: